Obama's Overall Approval Rating Tips Into The Negative?

Overall, 47% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. That’s the lowest level of total approval yet recorded. The President’s ratings first fell below 50% just a few weeks ago on July 25. Fifty-two percent (52%) now disapprove.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history

But he's only been in office for 6 months! What happened? LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon :31,at the rate he's going, he's not gonna even make that one term! And, no I would never wish anything bad to happen to him. I just mean, as the country continues to wise up,and see how he lied,and manipulated, he may be forced to resign. "Change", hm...the only thing I've seen Obama change is his mind!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• That will change as more and more people come to realize that alot of info being passed along by Republicans re health care is full of lies. GOP fear mongering might solidify their base, but will alienate swing voters for years to come. Hope you all enjoyed the Bush years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• That will change as more and more people come to realize that alot of info being passed along by Republicans liberals re health care is full of lies. GOP DNC fear mongering might solidify their base, but will alienate swing moderate democratic voters for years to come. Hope you all enjoyed the Bush socialism years.

fixed that for yah! lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• The truth is coming out...that's whats happening. People are sick of the lies we are given by these presidents and company.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:15 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Unfortunately for the Dems, the Reps are using the words that the Dems have put into these bills against them. The wording is left very open for interpretation, and if we have learned anything it's that we can't trust govt. to do right by the people. It's not that I don't trust the Democrats, it's that I don't trust ANY politician. The fact that they are on oposing sides and will freely point out the negatives of the other's agenda just works in my favor.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm not going to get in a partisan pissing match with you. You can believe what Fox News or Rush tell you, but I'm one of the people in the middle. I know that what I'm seeing is alot of people becoming more firmly set in their support for their party, but the people in the middle, the ones who decide presidential elections, are there for a reason. We don't just blindly accept either side. At this point, the facts are with the Dems. The GOP would do better to focus on the truths (eg we shouldn't rush this, we need to make sure it doesn't raise taxes) than to perpetuate the lies that are meant to scare (eg death squads for granny).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Considering Rasmussen polls LIKELY VOTERS (unlike Gallup and others who just poll VOTERS--that do not tend to show up on election day, when it actually counts), I would say that the LIKELY VOTERS that are now disapproving of Obama and who have nothing but time to vote are the SENIOR CITIZENS--who, while overly Democratic, do NOT like the threat of things, like Medicare and any other perks they are entitled to) being taken away!!!

Obama and the Democratic Senators and Congressmen are FAILING at convincing the public that National HealthCare is a "good thing!" :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• The GOP would do better to focus on the truths (eg we shouldn't rush this, we need to make sure it doesn't raise taxes) than to perpetuate the lies that are meant to scare (eg death squads for granny).

***
    I believe the GOP is sending truthful messages...it's the EXTREME conservatives that are spreading the message of "death squads!" And the libs (having no other argument) CHOOSE to pick up on and harp on this sect of the party--not choosing to look at the moderate voice!!!

How many Republicans are holding Town Halls over ObamaCare?! NONE!!! It's ALL of the DEMOCRATS, and they are not presenting their case well...at....all!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• That will change as more and more people come to realize that alot of info being passed along by Republicans re health care is full of lies. GOP fear mongering might solidify their base, but will alienate swing voters for years to come.

Oh Pleeeze LOL This is what I am loving.... Libs who can't see the writing on the wall.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Obama ran on change and transparency. He said he would go through line by line and make sure there was no pork on bills. He then lied and said the stimulus had no pork barrel projects when that is half the bill. So far we have not seen any change other than he can spend money faster than Bush. As for transparency there has not been any. He has lied openly many times and now people see him as the typical politician he claimed he was not. He is losing the support of the Republicans and Independents that got him elected. He has forgotten the elderly who overwhelmingly voted for him and do vote in much higher numbers than any group. Obama is not the man he claimed to be and when you run on something you cannot produce you lose support.

Obama said he was like Lincoln but he is more like Carter I see only one term in his future.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2009