Women who have had their tubes tied.

I would like to hear your experience of getting a tubal to help me decide whether to get on or not. How long was your recovery, was it painful, etc. I would like to know what to expect if I get one. Thanks!

ladybug4

Asked by ladybug4 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Health

• I actually had a procedure called "essure" (sp??) Basically they do it in the Doc's office....with  only a valium and some pain meds. They place a surgical steel coil in each tube, it scars over in 3 months blocking the tube. I walked in the office, had it done and went home a hour later.... had some cramping right away... went to sleep.... woke up 3 hours later and it was like I just had a good nap!! three months later I had a x-ray to see if the tubes were blocked.... they were... and all set!!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I had mine done almost two years ago right after the birth of my son. It was not bad at all, a little sore when you first get up or sneeze. I was scared because it was my first surgery, not as bad as I thought. The only thing I had that was uncomfortable was a burning feeling around the incision from the muscle healing, but it was not horrible. I have not had any problems at all.
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• MINE WERE TIED UP WITH THE BIRTH OF MY LAST CHILD, HAD NO PROBLEMS EITHER, NOT BAD AT ALL.

Answer by older at 10:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I had no problems. Mine were done a couple months after DS was born. He is 3 now. I was sore, mostly because of the stitches. The incisions are VERY small. It hurt to pick up DS, especially when his legs/feet touched the stitches. I would pick him up and put him in a bassinet and roll him around(instead of carrying him to another room) in that for a few days.

RaeLynn1221

Answer by RaeLynn1221 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2009