Has anyone tried Essure?

My mom mentioned it to me, instead of a tubal, but I'm not sure. Any moms who have had this done, does it hurt? Does it hurt when they put the dye in to test it? Heavier periods? Any advice would be great.

ladybug4

Asked by ladybug4 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Health

• I had it done 2 1/2 yrs ago. It was really easy. Done in the office. My husband was with me and we watched it done. The only part that hurt was moving my leg around to get the coil in right. After it was done my hubby and I went for lunh. I rested the rest of the day and was back at work the next day. Just wear comfy clothes and I suggest bringing a pad. The office gave me a liner but it wasn't enough for the bleeding after. It didn't hurt when they did the dye test but again wear a pad after because it will come out. Also, insurance won't always cover the dye test. There were no changes in my period. You do nedd to use another form of bc until the dye test is done.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I know we talked before but my procedure got bumped up so I go in next Friday for it. I'll let you know how it goes.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Thank you purpleducky! I look forward to hearing how it goes. Good luck!
    ladybug4

Answer by ladybug4 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009