Baby shower game ideas??

Help please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• do not say baby name game.....good one because some people to not like to play games and this is not one you have to do, just have conversation, you will see who is playing and who does not like the game thing, but they still get a pin or necklace pacifer at the start, some use the word baby immediately so they do not have to be bothered (at least a few of my friends did this, and others were relentless on trying to get the most)

******instead of pinned on pics of babies, you can use a pacifer on string, it is easier to move when it goes from one person to another, pins get innoying

you can also make other words taboo, the mom to be name, the word CUTE added to rules when opening gifts, etc
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• ooo my favorite is you take a bowl of rice and add safety pins to it. then the guests are blindfolded and have 30 seconds (or however long you want) to pick out the safety pins. its harder than you think. you can also take toilet paper and in advance measure it around mama to be, then when guests arrive (or it could just be done in a diff room if mom is there with the rest of ppl) or at some point in party you have them pull off as much tp as they think will go around her. then you can also give everyone a safety pin and tell them they're not allowed to say baby. if someone hears another person say it they get their safety pin/s and whoever has the most at the end of the party wins. hope some of those help. i bet you could google some more!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well there is the tp game where everyone pulls of as much tp as they think will go around mommas belly. and the is the diaper sniffing game where you can put different stuff in diapers and ppl have to sniff it to find out what it is. oh there are soooo many try googleing them thats what I did
    AmberNicoley

Answer by AmberNicoley at 10:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• This was one of the most fun things that we did at my baby shower last year. If you go to your local hobby and craft store purchase 1 inch plastic babies and place them individually in an ice cube tray. Add water and freeze. When your guests arrive, provide them each with a cup with one of these "ice cubes" inside. The first lady whose ice cube melts and frees her plastic baby then calls out, "My water broke!" and wins the prize. It was fun to watch my guests blow on the ice cubes, hold them in their hands, etc., all the free the plastic baby inside!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:39 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My favorite is the memory game because it's a game and a gift!! Fill a tray with small baby items, bibs, paci's rattles, bottles, lotion, powder, burp clothes, wipes, anything a baby will need. 15 to 20 items. Give all guests a pen & paper, & 30 seconds to look at the tray. Cover the tray with a baby blanket, & give them a minute or two to write down everything they remember was on the tray. Obviously, whoever remembers the most wins. I usually get a pretty basket, then when the game is over line the basket with blanket & fill it with the baby items to give the mom to be.

Another one is the baby food game, remove the labels from 10 jars of baby food, as you remove put a piece of masking tape on the jar & number it, put the same number on the back of the label you removed. Pass the jars around the room (guests can't open them) they must write down what food they think each numbered jar is this is tricky with baby food!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:43 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• baby food jar name the flavor good
    you can have this on the end of the buffet table
    and guests can do at their leisure

depending on guests, I like the showers that make games less in your face, if the games are planned activity, some guests do not like, if the games are off to the side and fill out inbetween conversation then this works for guests that like games and those that do not

a good one is a pen and paper (make it nice, so mom can save in baby book) and each guest can give the 'best mom advice' , adds personal touching notes from each friend, no prize but something to save forever

if you know that your guests are game players than ignore my advise about on the side
    maybe some of my friends are just not that into it, we are a bit older too, younger guests have not done the thousand and one showers with the thousand and one games
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• add on...
    mom can read advice cards later in shower, inbetween gift open, and everyone can hear
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• For my friends shower I got 5 different kinds of candy bars and melted them in the microwave inside diapers. Sounds gross but it's pretty funny. The pregnant one, of course, had to have the candy bar! Lol.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Or you can get some cotton balls and seperate them and then place them in a bowl and have the guest scoop the cotton balls out with a spoon blindfolded (while someone is holding the bowl over their head) to see how many they can scoop out at a time...LOL while they have an empty bowl on their lap and try to place the scooped cotton balls in their bowl. It is soooo hilarious...LOL (Because sometimes they don't get any on the spoon) GL and have fun!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Thanks, ladies! These are all great ideas!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009