Is this normal or may I be in labor?

I am 37 weeks as of today and I woke up about 3:00am this mourning because i thought I had to use the bathroom and I was having contractions, well I peed once and i thought I had to go again but it was clear liquid, I was also having cramping to. I had a doctor appointment yesturday before all this happen and she said that I was dilated to a one. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call the doc or go to the er ur water might have broke
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• WHEN IN DOUBT ALWAYS CALL THE DR., YOU CAN ALSO TIME THE CONTRACTIONS, IF THEY ARE REGULAR AND LITTLE TIME IN BETWEEN ONE AND THE OTHER FOR SURE CALL HIM!

Answer by older at 10:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• call doctor immediately
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 11:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It could have just been very diluted pee but it could also be amniotic fluid. Your water can break without contractions starting. I would walk for a short bit (maybe an hour or so) and see if you can get contractions to start. Put a call into your OB anyways, just to give them the heads up. But be prepared to probably need to get checked today
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:53 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I did the same thing-my water trickled out instead of the big gush that people talk about. If you call your Dr they will tell you to go to the hospital-if you go they wont let you out and start you on pitocin ......stay home as long as you can. Laboring at home is better than in a hospital. And induction sucks!!!

Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Induction doesn't suck Loa1002! I was electivly induced with both of my children and wouldn't do it any other way. I am one of those that likes to be in control and know whats happening when and where. I chose to induce so that I wouldn't be frazzled or freaking out. I was induced in the morning for both and had them by 10pm for both. I enjoyed my day and relaxed knowing I would be a mommy soon.

As far as the question yes I would call the doc. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• You can go from no dilation to 9cm in hours. I don't think that makes much of a difference
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009