How old was your DD when she got her ears pierced.

DD is turn 3 in four months and said something about ear rings

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 10:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter was 6 months when I had hers done. And to the person who asked why we would put our infant through unnecessary pain, The infant does not remember the pain if there is any at all. It is easier to clean them as an infant without having to worry about an older child getting dirt in them and getting infected. And like one other poster said, her DD does not wear them anymore. Most girls go through phases of wanting to wear earrings, even I did. When they are done younger, the holes will not close up for several years once they reach the age of not wanting to wear them. By the time they want them in again, they still have the holes. Also to the OP, I had my DD's pediatrician do it. It cost a little more but they used a numbing spray so it did not cause any pain.

bugsmom06

Answer by bugsmom06 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't have a dd, but I was 8, and I used my birthday money to get them done. If I did have a dd, I wouldn't let it be done until she was older than say 6 or 7. If she wanted earrings, I would get her clip-ons or something. But that is just me.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 10:49 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My daughter just had hers done this summer ... she's 11, going into middle school. I wanted her to be responsible enough to take care of them herself (clean w/alcohol daily, spinning, etc.).
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 10:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't have a daughter but there are mostly girl in my family. My aunt has 2 daughter's and both had there ears done at 6 weeks.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• girls*
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I had to wait until I was 15 to get mine pierced and I am planning to make my daughter wait until then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My oldest was six weeks, my next DD was 7-8, and my youngest girl was 10 months old.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• We got dd's ears pierced for her 10th b-day. I personally feel they should be responsible enough to take care of them. We told her that if they closed because she wasn't taking care of them, we wouldn't pay to have them redone. They did close, but it wasn't her fault. Apparently she's allergic to gold. They got really infected & one of them them ended up inside her ear. We had to take her to the hospital & have a Dr pull it out. Due to how things happened, I'm glad we waited until she was older.
    busygoddess

Answer by busygoddess at 11:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My DD was four and she wore them for about a year or so and then she hasnt worn them since then. However she wants use to put them back in for her cause she wants use to buy cute earrings for her again. i think it is because she has lots of friends now who have them.
    paytonleximomma

Answer by paytonleximomma at 11:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my dd was almost 3months old
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 11:26 AM on Aug. 13, 2009