tortellini salad?

i really like cold tortellinis so i wanted to make a tortellini salad of some sort to take to a picnic.Does anyone have any good recipes?

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Just substitute tortellini for pasta in your favorite recipe. Here is my favorite:
    This was on a box of diced mixed veggies I bought at Costco (green beans, carrots and corn. I bought the veggies to throw in soups and stews, but could not resist this recipe:

1 cup uncooked spiral or bow pasta
    1 12oz bag Bybee Foods Organic Garden Trio
    4 diced Roma tomatoes (I used halved grape tomatoes, because that's what I had)
    1/2 cup finely chopped scallions (I use used a sweet onion)
    1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled (or goat cheese)

Dressing:
    2 Tbl chopped red onion (again, I used a sweet onion)
    2 cloved finely chopped garlic
    4 Tbl olive oil
    1 Tlb white vinegar
    2 Tbl water
    1 Tbl finely chopped thyme
    1 Tbl finely chopped basil
    (instead of the two above, I used 2 Tbl herbs d'Provence)
    fresh ground pepper to taste

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Cook pasta, drain and rinse with cold water. Cook Garden Trio vegetables as directed (I used a covered glass dish in the microwave) and cool.

Combine ingredients for dressing, whisking in olive oil last. Combine ingrediets, toss with dressing, sprinkle with scallions and feta.

• I have a great recipe for cold tortellini salad served on skewers. It is great for picnics and potlucks; you can make it a few hours in advance or up to a day ahead. PM me if you are interested in it.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009