Miley on teen choice awards thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUr2ggLlhI

the insane controversy of this is insane to me.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:02 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Entertainment

• I personally thought it was in poor taste. Could it have been worse? Yes, it could have, but I just am surprised that this was on the Teen choice awards. I think if she had been performing for adults it would have been a bit more.....tasteful. These are kids and I thought that the back up dancers and their humping moves were too graphic for my home. My girls ar 15 and 11 and even THEY thought it was nasty. I never said a word and they came to this conclusion on their own. We did decide that we liked the song in general though and that likely wont change, but just because someone else says its okay and appropriate doesnt make it so for my house. I am still going to be in charge of what we watch and luckily, we didnt watch this. We only saw it after the fact. I think the fact that parents are still up in arms about it says to me that they still care whats on tv for their children. Good for them!! It means that they are watching
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Oh wow. I had posted a question about this as well! It got 20 something responses! Most people (like me) were disgusted and in disbelief that such a thing would be allowed on a show geared towards kids as young as 9 or 10! My 14 yr DD and the twins (9) luckily realized how innaproprite her "dance" and "outfit" were. I just can not believeit! Those shorts were very short and she danced like a stripper complete with the pole! I cant say it enough, I cant believe they allowed it. And the worst thing is one of the responses I got on my question about this was someone saying Mileys FATHER helped her coreograph the performance!! If you want to see what people have said feel free to check out my question.

xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't see what the big deal is. She was using the pole to hold on so as not to fall. As for her clothes, all of her vital parts were covered. She was dressed like a typical teen. IMO
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 11:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I just watched the video on youtube and I think that is was fine, I deffinitely don't consider that pole dance, she was not dancing around the pole she was using it for balance, if she didn't have a pole there she would have fallen off. Some people have to much time on their hands and make a big thing out of nothing.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:24 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Honestly the way some people are talking I expected her to walk out with two pennies and a string on. I have shorts about the same length and I don't get called a stripper for wearing them, actually shorts of that length are whats popular around here. Girls of all ages wear them. Also, the pole was there because they were moving her around and her father probably didn't want her to go flying off of the ice cream cart thing she was on. She wasn't riding the pole or doing stripper acrobatics... I think the whole controversy is absolutely ridiculous... JMO
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 11:29 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think that better judgement could have been used. Not my fav thing for my kids to see but not the worst. My daughters are not real big Miley fans anyway.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• it's hard 4 me to knock the pole thing... considering i love the song SO much... lol.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i think it was fine. i like miley, people are always pickin on her.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• She's a Britney -in -training
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• She was not pole dancing. If that's what you think pole dancing is, you've never been to a strip club. She was holding on to it. Her shorts were longer than daisy dukes. She looked fine to me.
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 12:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009