why do i always have to tell wht to do all the time, come on most guys or my husband are like that.

kmanivanh1983

Asked by kmanivanh1983 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Because they have to share their brain with the thing between their legs. Sorry to say but the thing between the legs gets most of the brain. ; )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• mine put towels away
    i did laudry, did not finish, it was folded in diningroom table
    and i walked by and the pile of towels were not on the table, i looked and they were in linen closet
    i had to ask if he did this
    and WOW, he did
    i was so shocked, he never helps

and for telling men things, it does not usually sink in
    i have given instruction on how to replace toilet roll dispencer
    actually came out of bathroom a few months ago and told him and older kids how to do this, brought out the dispenser and a new roll and 'showed them how'
    they were all speachless, but i had their full attention away froom the tv
    they were all looking at me because they probably thought i was nuts, but a week later the youngest (9 girl) did replace
    still nothing from husband on this or son (13)......MEN
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Because guys learn early on to pretend not to know how to do anything so they won't ever have to actually do anything. It's called "learned helplessness". You want to stop the cycle of crap there, teach your sons how to do stuff and to take pride in doing stuff correctly and to the best of their efforts.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:43 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I ask myself that question all the time..i agree with the first answer the thing between there legs gets most of the brain
    noahsmommy-010

Answer by noahsmommy-010 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Ummm what?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• That's a gross generalization. Most of the men in my life (My dad and fiance included) are very capable and very good at taking care of details. Probably better than most of the women I know.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't 'have' to tell my DH what to do. If he sees something needs to be done he does it. That is called being a responsible adult
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I agree, call it gross if you want, that the thing between their legs gets most of the brain. Also, sadly a lot of men are raised to believe that the house is the woman's domain and they don't have to do anything except bring in a paycheck and barely that. Some men are responsible adults and can do things like change the toilet paper roll or bring a plate to the sink after supper or even change a diaper without you asking or telling them but those guys seem few and far between.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009