How would you handle this situation? ( brother vs. brother)

I have a ss he is 16 yrs. old and I have a ds he is 9 yrs. old well they like to wrestle like any other boy but I have noticed that my ss can be rough with my son. At first I didn't mind I thought they are just being boys, but then I started to notice bruises on my son sometimes on his upper arms or on his thighs I am like wtf.
I love my ss so much I have known him since he was 2 yrs. old and it makes me kind of sad to have to tell him again to stop being so rough with his little brother or atleast don't mark him anymore. How do I go about this again? You can only talk so much. Their dad thinks it no big deal that it will toughing them up I am like (my son is the one getting bruised) Sometimes my son cries but not for long he'll jump back at his brother and try to get him back somehow but no way of hurting him his brother just pinns him down and goes at it again...Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I have to remind my teens that there is a size/strength difference all the time when it comes to the little ones. At that age they just don't seem to get how strong they are in comparision to the little ones.

I just remind...remind..remind, if the little one's jumps right back in I remind them that they could get hurt, and then pull the older one aside later and remind them yet again about thier strength.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009