How did I miss out on this?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/13/bestbuy.mistake/index.html

lol that sucks! I know they said they are not honoring the orders but I can bet that there will be a lawsuit and someone will say it's false advertisement. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• how many were ordered?
    guess best buy will have to do something else
    maybe not let all have those, since many ordered lots
    but i think they are scrambling in their PR department today
    to do something for their iamge

i agree i would know that it was a mistake and think nothing of it
    but a lot of people will take all their energy and sue
    it is unfornutately very American to sue for stupid stuff
    and something like this, these people could very possiably win
    it would and will cost best buy too much to take to courts
    these suers will get what they want
    others that do not sue, maybe a better pr response today, a coupon for 25% off your next purchase or similair offer
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i think it's ridiculous that anyone would think best buy would actually allow this.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• heard this
    news last night said best buy will NOT honor this
    i bet that they will change their mind on this because there will be lawsuits and company will decide it is cheaper not to go to court and it would be bad for their image
    much cheaper to let them have the tv at that price and really bad advertising if they try to make customers pay real price, they will let them keep and then look like the good guys, but will wait to change poicy until media time is at the highest

my prediction... let's see if i am correct, i give it until friday afternoon
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Can you really believe they would be able to sell an HDTV of any size for that price? It is called common sense people! When I saw that ad, I knew it was a mistake, and did not even consider it a possibility.
    But I am sure someone will raise a fuss to get something out of an advertising mess up. Sure, maybe they can offer some customers a discount or something, but not the tv for that price. If they did that, they would be next to go out of business.

LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 11:39 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• OP here. I know people knew it was a mistake but I can bet that the same people to take advantage of it (some ordering more than one) will be the same people to throw a fit and call a lawyer lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• it clearly states on their website, under their conditions of use link at the bottom:

Errors on Our Site
    Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Best Buy will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with Best Buy's Return Policy.

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Sad isn't it?
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 11:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Sad that people will sue, that is.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 11:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I just now read this story and I can't believe that people are actually saying they are going to sue! They had to know it was a typo. I probably would have tried to get a TV at that price but when I was told that it was a mistake, I know I wouldn't try to sue! So these people are going to spend thousands of dollars not to mention time to get a TV for $10? They might as well spend that money on the TV and get it at regular price for the money they are going to spend on lawyers. It's sad how sue happy people have become. Kind of like that big controversy with the KFC coupons. Stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• read more about and one conspiracy theory is that Best Buy did this on purpose, imagine all the people that went to their web site that have never been there before and of course some of those people bought other items when they were on there

this would be sad if this were true

you know... that best buys sales went way up yesterday (not included tv misprint)

hard to believe that a company this size would not be aware of this mistake for this amount of time
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009