should i pack my hospital bag now??!

im thinking i should, but jsut wanted some input =D I am 33 weeks and 1 day, so i guess its about time?!?! Also, did u jsut bring like a duffle bag, or a suitcase, or what? and what do i need to pack?! im sooo unprepared!! ahhh!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 11:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You really want to be prepared huh? lol That's funny but cute
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I brought a old duffle bag. As long as it holds your things it doesn't mattter what you use. =) I brought a coming home outfit for the baby (that ended up not fitting! lol), an outfit for me to come in, a nightgown (that I never put on), a hairbrush, tooth brush and tooth paste, deodorant, my own bath soap and shampoo, a camera, a special stuffed animal for baby, and my cell phone and charger. I think that's about it. And I would go ahead and papck it if I were you. It's better to have it done early than trying to pack last second.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:45 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I didn't pack my bag til i was about 37 weeks.. and I ended up induced :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• You never told me how your appt went on Monday but you are still pregnant so I am assuming it went well:) Yeah, you should start getting it ready now so that you can add to it as you think of things. Put it in your car at about 36 weeks or so. Here is a list of things that were important to me...

flip flops (for wearing in the dirty a$$ shower)

slippers (easy and quick to put on for the walks down the hall)

robe (your hospital gown will have an open back and your butt will show)

nursing bra (even if you arent planning on nursing, you could always change your mind last minute) go up a cup size & a number (like 34B to 36)

Cell phone & charger (if you have one)

camera & back up batteries

Going home outfit for you (something you would have worn about 4 months prego because you will be bloated still after the baby is born)

Toiletries (minus the pads because the hospital gives you those
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:51 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Oh yeah, a duffle bag is easier!! And pack a change of clothes for daddy in case he decides to stay with you:)

And then pack a diaper bag for the baby too:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i didnt pack anything. lol i didnt need anything. but 33 weeks is early to have a baby. Usually babys come at 37 38 39 or 40 weeks.. so i would say its safe to wait a lil while.. but to be sure u have everything u want write a list down and every time u think of something else put that down too. then about 36 weeks pack it all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• http://www.thecradle.com/hospital_checklist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I owuld pack everything in a an over night suitcase-you know the little ones that have wheels?

toothbrush and paste, brush, make up if you want, chapstick or lipstick, some snacks for you and hubby, nursing bra, bottled water (2 or 3), flip flops, shoes, something comfy to come home in & NOT in your old size either-still somewhat still maternity, 3 month old outfit for baby (in case it is big), your underwear and pads if you want it, radio (headphones) , camera and batteries, phone book, your cell phone and charger....things that make you comfortable.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i packed my bag very early just in case i was probably 7 going to be 8 but i kept putting things in & putting things out..you really dont know what to packed i packed so many things & didnt even use them lol..
    noahsmommy-010

Answer by noahsmommy-010 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009