Did you know Research says REDHEADS feel more pain?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/06/the-pain-of-being-a-redhead/?em

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• It is totally true (or at least in my case I can say it is)
    I have a hard time getting numb at the dentist. I typically have to go in an hour ahead of time to start getting shots to be numbed up before a procedure. I never knew why until my dentist back in SC told me it had to do to my being a redhead. And that was back in 2006 he said that..
    I had to have a couple of crowns back earlier this year and I had gotten numbed up and was still feeling what she was doing so my dh asked if I could get another shot and the dentist told him I couldnt, that I was at the limit of meds for the day that I could have. I could either come back the next day or try and finish up. I finished up. I never knew there was a limit of meds the dentist was allowed to use on a person for numbing but it does make sense.
    I HATE going to the dentist.
    Im like trying to get your dog to the vet.. Holding on to the door and being dragged in..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• SO is a redhead (turned gray). I'd like him to feel My pain sometimes. He's SUCH a pain! lol This is good to know though. Thanks for sharing this.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I can believe that cause my sis is a red head and the biggest baby I have ever met.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yep...they also bleed more during surgery, are more sensitive to insect bites, and more prone to have allergic skin reactions. Though I hear they're sought after as perfume testers since their skin lacks the oils that cause perfumes to 'turn' on the skin.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009