Does anyone know anyone with a baby who weighed less 1 pound or less at birth that survived?

my son Edward was born @ 24 weeks weighing 460 grams and he is now 6 months old and 11pounds 5 ounces.... Im just trying to see if there are any other moms out there going through or have gone through the same things... I just feel alone sometimes everyone elses "Micro-preemies" are like 2 pounds and they all seem to be doing well now but my son is still having issues....uhhh help!

PrinceEdsmommy

Asked by PrinceEdsmommy at 11:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My ex-s other son was born at 24 weeks as well...from what understand he weighed about 3/4 of a pound. He is almost 6 now. He has had some health issues (like having to take growth hormones) but he is the sweetest thing and very happy :)

I wish you the best in finding someone to connect with. And I am very happy that your little one is doing good.
    ncarter24

Answer by ncarter24 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• well my cousin, Joshua was also born at 24 weeks. my aunt prior to that lost a baby girl at either 20 or 21 weeks. Joshua was born at 1 lb 8 oz and 12.5 inches long he is now 3 years old and doing wonderful. here is the blog about his whole life so far. take a look its very emotional and heartwrenching.
    http://joshuadavid07.blogspot.com
    lovinhim1016

Answer by lovinhim1016 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My brother was born at 221/2 weeks he was almost 3/4 of a pound. He was born 28 years ago. He had lots of problems for a really long time. Now he is all grown and you would never know he was a preemie. Evertyhing will be Ok! He will grow up to be happy and healthy our prayers go out to you!They have advanced tons and tons since then!
    msaltmomof2

Answer by msaltmomof2 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2009