Did you know Research says REDHEADS feel more pain?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/06/the-pain-of-being-a-redhead/?em

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom is a nurse and she says that she has noticed that as a group redheads and true blonds have a harder time recovering and don't handle pain as well. But that is a generalization, and not true for every person.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/06/the-pain-of-being-a-redhead/?em

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Thats funny, my redhead husband is very tolerable to pain, so are his sisters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• That is not news to me...I am a red head. LOL I have a high tolerance for real pain, but am very sensitive to irritants, smells, skin irritations, touch. A simple back rub from my hubby makes me cringe. :( I can not walk through the laundry soap isle at a grocery store, and the perfume counter at department stores knock me out!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I know that redheaded ness is considered a mutated trait. So it makes sense that there would be a sensitivity issue with it. (purely a science point, nothing against red heads!) It's always a recessive trait, and is starting to deminish. Which is sad because it's so cute to see a redhead with those little freckles :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My brother has red hair and he is the toughest person I know, He is a security guard at a prison, and has done UFC fighting. He has a very high pain tolerance..
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• If you google this question, you will see that some studies have shown just the opposite, that redheads have an increased tolerance for pain and require less anesthesia. After a breech birth with no anesthetic, I'd consider my pain tolerance to be pretty high.

In any case, we of the redhead "tribe" are undoubtedly very special and unfortunately are predicted to be extinct in 100 years.
    diospira

Answer by diospira at 12:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My SS is redheaded, Autistic, and you will never see him cry. He even grabbed onto a metal poker straight from the fire and stood there. It took me getting his hand off of it and treating it for him to realize that something might be wrong. He started to "fuss" when he looked at his hand, but he would have never known he was hurting. I think it's the opposite.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 12:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my sister is a red head and definately takes dramatic to a WHOLE new level..everything hurts,and suprisingly nothing hurts till you mention you hurt..then her pain is way more then yours is and has had it longer. She claims to have HORRIBLE migranes that only seem to come on when she doesnt want to do anything like oh i dont know..work, take care of the house..basically be responisble. She tweaks out over the littlest things like someone moved her coffee from the counter to 3" to the left on the counter. So honestly If I base my thoughts on red heads it would be totally red heads not only feel more pain but can be the biggest pains too..bash me all you want but its my opinion and Im stickin too it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009