what is your baby book situation?

my 1st child has several, maybe 5, partially filled out ones plus a few scrapbooks and a pregnancy journal. 2nd child got one as a gift, totally empty. However #2 got more clothes and probably even pictures though.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• That's funny b/c I thought I was the only one who was like that...lol. My first child- EVERYTHING was filled out but my second- not so much.....I opened my second child's book just the other day, it was the first time i've opened it in about 6 months. It's just not a big deal to me anymore. I think I will be ok with memories in my mind and heart. lol.
    momofJayleeM

Answer by momofJayleeM at 4:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• LOL!!! With my first, I documented EVERYTHING....completed his first year as the months went by--probably 4-5 photo storage boxes FULL of pictures, and one large treasure/keepsake chest full of mementos--he's now 7!!!

My other child is 5, and I have YET to even start his "first year album!" (I have all of the stuff I need, though!) LOL

We always said we'd document their first year, then there were no guarantees! LOL We have a FRACTION of pictures/video of our children after their first birthdays--just holidays, birthdays, vacations, etc. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Both of mine have a baby book that I have been good about filling out. My son has 2 homemade scrapbooks of his first year because there was too much to fit in one scrapbook. He also has a small photo album of his first year.
    My daughter has a photo album. Poor girl. I was going to do a digital scrapbook for her, but the program froze up. When I finally uninstalled it and reinstalled it I found out the pages I had made are too low quality to print according to Shutterfly. Thankfully I only made a few. But basically I don't know how to do it. My husband wants me to make her a handmade scrapbook to be fair, but it seems like so much work.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My first has a 1st year scrapbook...I kept it simple...same layout for every page where I just changed up the color scheme and embellishments. I also just put a list of things she was doing that month. I haven't finished it yet (she is 15 mo.) but I do have all the journaling done on the computer so it won't be too hard to finish. My second will be born in November and I plan on doing the same thing...although he might be 3 or 4 by the time I actually have time to put it together. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't think i'm that organized. I have 2 scrapbooks one for the first year and one for like medical stuff but they probably won't get used.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have a book about my preganancy and his baby book and video and pictures from the first year. As he got older video stopped and I have fewer pictures and he is an only child.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Unfortunately, my 3 oldest kids baby books were lost in a house fire... but I've managed to re-collect some of the pictures from family and friends. I do have a scrapbook of them though so some of the memories were preserved. And for my new baby I received a baby book from my mom as a gift and am working on it. Since he's only a month old though, I've got a ways to go ...lol
    arcox79

Answer by arcox79 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My oldest 3 have baby books but I stopped filling them out when they were 3, 2 and 1 (they are 9, almost 8 and almost 7 now). My youngest doesn't have a baby book. Only my older 2 had pregnancy journals but since I wasn't too concerned with what I weighed and how big I was and the heartbeat I had nothing to put in them. I don't even know where they are now.
    I have scrapbooks for each of the kids but the pages are very random. I only scrap pictures/events that call to me. My oldest dd's book skips from when she was 2 1/2 to 4 to 6, etc. There is no order and most "big" events are skipped because I prefer to scrap the little moments in life.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:31 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• There is a couple of hobbyshops near me & i try to go @ least once a month to a scrap nite. This way i get alone time & i stay (sorta) up to date on my son's book. I get to be with other momma's & have coffee & gossip...just fun when everyone's doing it together- not as much if you're at home doin it by urself. We have like 3 books & 2 mini albums so far & i have been pretty good about his baby book..so far LOL
    Ms.JiggityJones

Answer by Ms.JiggityJones at 12:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2009