Whats the difference?

I was reading another question and it made me think. I believe in ghosts, angels demons etc, but i was wondering why people will say "i dont believe in ghosts but i know i have an angel?" whats the difference between a ghost and an angel? why is it okay to believe in one and not the other and if you believe in the possibility of one doesnt that preclude you to believe in the other?

elananme

Asked by elananme at 12:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that ghosts are actually evil spirits. And I don't think that anyone has their own personal guardian angel watching over them. However, I do believe in angels, but I believe they are doing work for God in heaven.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i dunno. ive always wondered that myself so i cant wait to see the answers!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I believe in ghost and angels. Ghost are people who have passed on and have unfinished business. I know my Grandfather stayed with my family after his death, to watch over my Dad, he really had a hard time with his death, it was unexpected. He stayed until my Dad was more himself. He watched over all of us. It was comforting. Angel so the same thing, but you never see them.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well, I suppose that people are entitled to believe in whatever they want regardless of how they want to justify it. I believe that because demons exist, angels must also exist. There are two kingdoms. The Kingdom of God and the kingdom of satan. Thats it. Nothing exists outside of these two kingdoms. (I know, I know, very hard to swallow) So I believe that demons are nothing but fallen angels who went with satan when he was thrown from Heaven for his rebellious spirit. Angels are those who remain in the kingdom of God. They serve God and do his work. I dont necessarily believe that I personally have a guardian angel, but I do believe that I am protected by angels. They arent for me personally though. I pray angels around my kids all the time, to be the door keepers, so to speak. I sense and feel demonic spirits all the time as well because God has given me the gift of discernment.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Excellent response momofsaee! I agree with what you said.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Ghosts, according to experts who study them, are people who've passed on with unfinished business, but they died in an unexpected way. For example, if you're 80 and you die in your sleep, it's very unlikey that you will be a ghost. You may be an angel who God chooses to watch over your family, be it one member or all. If you're an angel I believe you can point loved ones in the right direction with signs or by touching them at convenient moments. Ghosts happen when a person is murdered, or die in a terrible car crash that no one seems to know the cause, or even if someone commits suicide and tries but fails to get out of it in the last minute. Demons are people who died who were already evil. Ever wonder why Charles Manson has been on death row so long? Because they are afraid he will come back and haunt the prison, or any place as a evil demon. That's based on things I've read and believed
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Angels are spirit beings, just as the souls of the deceased are, but they are pure and have never been incarnated. Your grandfather can't be an angel, but he can take the role of a spirit guide and protector and many of our family members--and even pets--stay near us after they cross over. Ghosts are spirit beings as well and are neither angelic nor demonic. Grandpa doesn't become evil or possessed by dying. He will remain what he was in life, i.e. shy or gregarious, tempermental or laid back, hateful or loving, etc. The christian view of ghosts would seem to be driven by Hollywood, rather than the bible, and it's sad and hilarious at the same time. Their god promised them eternal life, not in body but in spirit and soul. But they refuse it and label it "demonic". They are frightened by so many things because they don't bother to try and understand them.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Ghosts are the earth-bound spirit of a person, who remains behind for whatever reason.

Angels are spiritual beings, but according what I have read and understood, have never had a physical body.

I personally believe in ghosts, having had experience with them. (and not all are evil or malicious....)

Having not knowingly had an experience with angels, I'm still debating the possibility of their existence. I do not believe one can preclude the existence of the other. It's kind of like saying if hummingbirds exist, then eagles cannot.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• The dead do not return as any thing other than a demon lying to you.
    Angels are both heavenly and from hell.
    Lucifer was an angel until he tried to raise himself above God Almighty. Then he was tossed out along with the other rebellious angels...that are now demons.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 2:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i also agree with momofsaee
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009