Do you watch Mad Men?

I keep hearing RAVES about this show, but have never seen it, do you think I could pick it up if we started on the new 3rd season, or do I need to watch the first two first? They have long season recaps online that I could read, is that good enough?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 12:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Entertainment

• LOve it!!!! The recaps should be enough to let you figure out who's who and what is going on. I think most of the video rental places have seasons 1 and 2 available if you want all the details.
    There is a lot of smoking and drinking as well and cheating spouses! But truthfully, it is set in the early 60's. Just the infancy of the women's movement, civil rights, and truth in advertising. Those of us who were born in the 50's and 60's are the first of the television/media rules generation and well remember no warnings on cigarette packs, alcohol and beer ads were everywhere, there weren't any zip codes for mail, only married people shared a bedroom and most often there were twin beds! So step back in time and watch the madness unfurl!!!!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I just started watching it. I always watch shows from the beginning. I'm only on the 3rd episode and it's good. I try to give it a half season before really making a decision if it's worth watching or not. There is ALOT of smoking!!!! lol
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 11:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2009