Do you think it is possible to lose 20 pounds in 30 days?

Any suggestions......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Do babysteps...try losing 2lbs. a week

then go from there 2lbs a week losing too much weight too quickly can be very dangerous.

Remember how long it took to get where you are at right now...b patient.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• it would be unhealthy and it would probably come right back on. I don't recommend it. When I had my colonoscopy I lost 8 lbs which tells me we are all full of ....ok I won't go there but make sure you are eliminating body waste ok.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Not in a healthy way, if you did starve yourself you would put it back on plus more, 1-2 pounds per week is safe and recommended. Like the first poster said, it took awhile to put it on, and it will take time to get if off and keep it off.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• of course it's possible

but the risks outweigh whatever good you're looking to come out of it

i know i can fluctuate ten pounds in a week from water and gas alone.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm sure its possible....but you're likely to gain back 30 over the following months. Do it slow and easy...it'll stay off that way!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I once lost 15 pounds in a week. So not healthy! You should just exercise and eat right. Depending on how heavy you are, you can lose quite a bit depending on how hard to work.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It is possible but it's very hard to stick with & it can be hard on your body if you don't do it right.

Cut out all breads, pastas, cereals, potatoes & rice. No more sodas, diet or otherwise, and no milk or juice to drink. Plain iced tea or black coffee & PLENTY of water. Two egg veggie omelets for breakfast with tomato juice, a mid morning snack of a lowfat cheese stick, huge chef salad for lunch that's LOADED with veggies & has 2 oz. of protein with it, mid afternoon snack of veggies & dip or hardboiled egg or sugar free jello or 1/2 c. cottage cheese. Dinner is 3 -4 oz. lean protein (no burgers, no pork) & 2 - 4 cups steamed veggies (no potatoes, peas, corn or squash unless it's a very small amount, 1/4 c.) & fresh tossed salad. Evening snack is same as midafternoon.
    Be sure to take vitamins and calcium supplements & DO NOT STICK WITH THIS DIET LONGER THAN A MONTH! Exercise at least 30 minutes every day.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• When the month is over, start adding back high fiber cereals & whole grains and fresh fruit to your diet, a bit at a time.

Check with your doctor before starting this or any diet plan.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It's possible, I have done it. I went on a calorie restricted diet (1200/day, I used the Weight Watchers points guide to count calories) and exercised. It takes a lot of discipline and there is a good chance you'll gain it back if you don't stick to a good exercise program and a healthy diet.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 9:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Pork can be very lean, 140 calories for 4oz...

You'll need to start reading labels and you should measure your food until you get a good idea of what a cup actually is on how much meat is a serving size (usually 4oz). I got a scale from Wal-Mart for $2. They come in handy.

If you must have bread, there are many low calorie, high fiber kinds to chose from. Again, you'll become an expert in label reading.

Don't deprive yourself treats though. It will make you cranky and the likilood of falling of the wagon will increase. Just make the treats somewhat healthy and only eat a small portion (forget the 100 calorie snack packs, research shows that if you were just left to grab a handful, you'd actually eat less calories).
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 9:53 AM on Aug. 14, 2009