Do u think a doctor will swipe the membrains at 38 weeks?

I'm not sure if I actually want to try this method-however IF I should ask, do u think she would consider it at this point?
Im alread 4 CM 75 and -1.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She might. It never hurts to ask! GOOD LUCK! :)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Ask! All she can tell you is no. However, if you don't ask then you won't know. Don't risk being even more miserable. Ask her and if she says yes then breathe a sigh of relief. Good Luck Mommy.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• If you are already 4cm then she very well already did strip them and you just didnt realize it. When you are that dilated, it doesnt hurt to have your membranes stripped at all
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• GIRL I GOT IT DONE 38 WKS, AND I WAS JUST LIKE YOU I HAD HER THE NEXT DAY!!! IT DIDNT HURT AT ALL
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• What for? It hurts for many women, and it doesn't always work (unless you are on the brink of labor anyway), and it is a real infection risk. You also run the risk of having your water accidentally broken and if the baby isn't engaged cord prolapse can occur. Don't do it. Leave well enough alone. Your dilation and effacement are irrelevant -- you can walk around like that for weeks, or you can completely open the last moments of labor.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2009