Help - How do I get my 3yo out of my bed?

We started co-sleeping when I was nursing and working so I could get more sleep - but can't keep her out of my bed - and my DH says he cant live like this - help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Eek! This is one of the reasons I resisted the co sleeping thing. I wanted to, but I didnt want it to end up like this. Okay first, youre going to have to make her a place thats hers. If she already has a bed and a room, the great. Make her comfortable in her bed and if its a big bed, then you can likely sleep with her, but I think a pallet on the floor would be better. Let her know that youre there and youre not leaving. Once she gets okay with you sleeping next to her, then move your bed a bit farther away closer to the door. Give her a few weeks of that and see if shes okay. You might have to spend some time reassuring her that her room is safe and cozy. Then move your bed into the hallway. Hopefully if shes cooperative, she will allow you to do this. My theory comes from what my dad did when I had a traumatic experience as a child. I wanted to sleep in his bed at 10 yrs old. He did this with me to reacclimate me to my bed
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It did take him several months, but like I said, I had experienced something traumatic. It did really work for me. Thats really the only suggestion I have. Its not going to be a quick process and may take time, but be consistent and diligent about it and I think you will see success. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009