Should she wear an undershirt?

My dd's school white uniform shirts are a little thin. You can kinda see through but since she is so young and isn't wearing a bra yet or anything should I worry about that and make a her wear undershirts? My concern for her wearing undershirts is that it will be too hot for her or that it will be too hard for her to tuck her shirt back in after she uses the restroom. Of course they will have some help from the teachers but each teacher has 21 5yos to help so they ask to make it easy for the kids to dress themselves.

TheBabyFactory4

Asked by TheBabyFactory4 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• how about a tank top underneath? That's what we do bc the school is so cold.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I agree with the idea of a tank top/cami. You can always get a lighter one so she wont get hot but oyu're not worrying about the slight see-throughness of the uniform top. As for being able to tuck it back after going to the bathroom you could try having the tank top a little shorter so its not in the way? Because she is only 5 though if she finds the tanktop/cami underneath uncomfortable or too hot it shouldnt be a big deal. Good Luck
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I would do a tank top or camisole.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• You can always do a tan/white tank or cami. You can usually find them in fairly thin materials.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My DD is 5 & she loves wearing the little sports bra type undershirts. They look exactly like grown up sports bras but don't have much lycra in them so they are fitted but not tight. Plus, we buy them a size larger so they fit looser. She doesn't have to worry about tucking anything in & it works perfectly under any type of top. I think they were purchased at walmart.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• thats a good idea funnyface. I think i will pick up a pack when I go get her green shirts and her belt!
    TheBabyFactory4

Answer by TheBabyFactory4 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I was going to suggest a tank top too!! The school my kids used to go to, they had to wear uniforms and on Wednesdays they had to wear a white shirt for chapel. When the weather was warm, the girls had to wear a tank top or an undershirt under their white blouse. In the winter, they have to wear a sweater or a sweater vest.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my question is why anyone should be concerned about this particular issue with a 5 year old. she is a little child... why try and make them grow up so quickly? my make them self conscious of their bodies? sorry, but i think that is absurd. you all can bash me for it later... just let little kids be little kids, and don't force them into adulthood so soon... good grief. i could understand if you were talking about a 12/13 year old, but 5? come on
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:29 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• We always wore camisoles under our shirts at that age. Most of the boys wore undershirts too. There were a couple of kids who didn't wear them and they got teased when it came time to change for gym because you could see their nipples.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:15 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My son is 5 and wears a polo as a uniform, I think a under shirt looks the best under it. So why not a girl too?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009