Why FF moms are more likely to introduce solid food earlier than BF moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All the literature I've gotten from my doctor, and some I've read other places also, says to start FF babies on cereal/solids at 4 months and BF babies at 6 months. So I'm gonna answer "because that's what their doctors tell them to do" :)
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well, it could be that formula is too expensive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• ummm that statment isnt always true...i was a ff mom and i only gave jar or cereal when doc gave me the okay...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't think that's necessarily true. I bf and started my kids on solids at 4 months, and I know most moms now are waiting until 6.

Answer by missanc at 1:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'd be eager to get my child on other sources of nourishment if I gave my child that crap too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Because BF moms are more educated about nutrition for babies, hence the working through the difficult times to breastfeed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• CRAP? sorry, some of us Couldn't BF. My son cried and screamed the whole time for 2 months while I breastfed, no matter what I did with my diet. HE couldn't BF,... geez - some women!!! anyway- I didn't feed my son solids til ok'd by my Doc. also.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Hmm.. well, I guess for the fun and variety of it. They already would have to get up and fix a bottle, so maybe they would like to give them some other stuff to see how their kiddo likes it. When you're nursing you never really have to go in the kitchen and make anything for the baby. If you have to go in there I guess you might be more tempted to have some fun. Heehee... I don't know, I think it depends more on the mama.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 1:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Are you asking us to validate this piece of information? Do you have a link, a source? or is this just your opinion? Its not necessarily true. It would be labeling to say its true. Ive lived on both sides of the fence, so I can safely say that its not true.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• alot of older women said they started solids at a few weeks old. I BF exclusively, constantly, almost every hour it seemed, and started solids at four mos. It could be he had a really high metabolism- he's tall for his age and dad is 6'6. Anyway, i intended to wait, but the baby was always hungry- and at 13 mos, still BF, some milk, and eats alot. And is a healthy weight.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 1:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2009