I have fruit flies or knats How can I get rid of them?????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

6peace

Asked by 6peace at 1:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• get a glass jar with a lid. Poke small holes in the lid. put a piece of fruit in the jar. the fruit flies will crawl thru the hole to get the fruit but will not be able to find their way back out. Make sure to empty your garbage often . Make sure to wipe up all spills especially the sticky fruity ones

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• The previous answer works fantastic!!! But you can also fill a large cup up with warm water and dish soap... They will be attracted to it but the bubbles will suffocate them.
    jaiwheeler

Answer by jaiwheeler at 1:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Oh man! I know how you feel. I hate fruit flies. I have had them only twice and both times, they were coming from somewhere in the house. It took me forever to find out where. As long as its just coming from your trashcan, then the pp's suggestions are great, but if you usually dont have them and then all of a sudden you do, you likely need to look around. The first time, I found an old banana in myhusbands lunch box. Totally gross. The second time, it was my dd that was leaving OJ in her room. Keep an eye out for kids leaving fruit around the house. I hope you can get rid of them soon.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I had the same problem but they were coming out of my sink! So I make sure I clean the pipes every now and then and try not to let food go down the drain.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 1:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• get a glass of wine and put it on the window sill or counter out of the kiddos reach. it attracts them and they drown in it. works with regular flies too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Apple cider vinegar with a bit of dish soap in a shallow dish you will catch 100s in a few hours
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 7:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• ewww clean ur house. and not just straighten up, but actually clean it. nasty
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Aug. 14, 2009