For those moms with twins: Do you ever get them confused?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't have twins but my mom did and they ARE identical, when she brought them home from the hospital she left the hospital bracelet on for 3 months, and she put them in different colored socks, one was yellow, and one was pink. My dad mixed them up one day, and she ended up feeding the wrong kid. No wonder my sisters are screwed up lol
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• good question!! never thought to ask that
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Nope never. They don't look anything alike. One is taller than average and the other is average, one is blue eyed and the other is brown eyed. One has strawberry blonde hair and the other one is a light brown haired. One is solid and broad the other is birdlike and skinny.
    A lot of my friends in my twins groups can tell their identical children apart. There is always something small that family will see that others may not.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I've always wondered this, but kc932, she probably means identical children. In high school, there were these identical twins and the only way to tell them apart was, the one had a yellow stain on one of her front teeth. When their mouths were closed . . . I was clueless.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Lol, I knew she meant Identical. Sometimes I wish mine were identical, but I really enjoy their differences. A lot of people are surprised when I tell them that my boys are twins. So I kind of miss getting the questions (unlike when they were infants and it was obvious).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I have a twin brother and I know, of course, that's different but my mom said that if we were the same sex and identical she'd probably tell by our different personalities. I wanted twins but had two separate boy births. I think twins are great. ha. ha. always have a friend. we're almost 40 and still very close. lol
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009