Does being allergic to ants and mosquitoes increase your risk of being allergic to bees, wasp, and hornets?

Just found out my son is allergic to ants and mosquitoes, so I was just wondering.

cassey.e

Asked by cassey.e at 1:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• while you always want to be cautious with any bug bite. i'd especially watch wasps. they're a close relative of ants, and therefore could have the same reaction to their sting.
    now my mom is extremely allergic to bees, and only slightly to wasps....so just keep an eye out.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yes. My son is allergic to mosquitos and his doctor said that he will more than likely be allergic to bees/wasps but we won't know until he is stung. Just keep watching if he does get stung.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• okay now this question has me nervous, b/c my son is allergic to mosquitos and ants (not deadly) but he gets a pretty strong reaction so could a bee and/or wasp be deadly????
    He's just starting kinder. so is there anyway to know before hand if he would need something like and epi or whatever??????
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:02 AM on Aug. 14, 2009