WTH? Shelia Jackson Lee..how rude and people are supposed to think our reps are really listening?

During this meeting with Americans who have questions.veiws ...Shelia decides right in the middle of an Americans speaking to her that she is going to use her cell phone...You can watch the whole thing or juat drag it in to about the 4:00 mark and it will show shortly.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 2:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• and the second part she does it again to another American wth is wrong with the lady?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYPN3kYigKM

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Can I ask why the outrage over having to sign in? For the safety of both Democratic and Republican Senators and Representatives law enforcement should know if something was to go down at one of those events WHO was in that building. What if people were killed and they needed to contact family members? You all are a piece of work.

OK as for the cell phone thing. It was rude. Unless it was an emergency. It was rude.

Oh and I'm glad the lady asked her question in such a polite manner :) The guy after her, I didn't appreciate his tone.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 2:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• sriver my point in posting this was only over her rudeness and to point out that it is no wonder Americans think they are not listening.The rest of the video I have no idea and I am not concerned with it just where she is blatently rude and it is like she is enjoying herself too.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• By the way I was not there and I did not make the video so the "you people" mess does not apply to me...as I said my only intent was to show others the rudeness.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Very rude. I guess it didn't occur to her that she was in a meeting with HER BOSS!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• This video was INSANE! I saw it yesterday! I can't believe she isn't being called out more on this. And you are right. No wonder people think they aren't getting heard and are turning outraged and yelling. If the PRESIDENT was any kind of leader he would try and diffuse this....instead he just keeps pouring gas on the fire.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Right on the nail's head Yourspecialkid! In a meeting with her boss..... just proves how up-side-down our system has become. But to be the devils advocate - one senator - forgot which one - I've seen more lately than I ever wanted to - put the REAL truth out there - and now we're getting a taste of our own truth biting us in the ass.... he said (and I loosely quote/paraphrase more actually) " This country is not a democracy - it's a representative democracy - the majority of the people's vote does not actually mean that the majority opinion wins - the people vote then We (meaning our representatives) then have a round-table discussion about what the majority has said - if WE agree - then we vote that way - if we don't then we know we probably won't be re-elected."

Ouch. I'm still not sure if he was saying "shut-up, we have the final say" or " we hear you America and we know you mean business"
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I agree that she was rude tnm, but I don't think she did it to piss people off, I think she just had a lapse in good judgement. We are in agreement here..it was rude.

If she did it again a second time, then shes just an ass. Unless it was an emergency idk.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 2:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• She did it THREE times Sr according to the woman who asked the question! She was interviewed by Greta Van Sustren last night. She was very polite and actually gave Sheila Jackson Lee credit for finding her after and telling her she was sorry to hear about the woman's battle with cancer! But the woman did NOT feel like Lee answered her question AND she said Lee answered her phone during 2 other peoples questions!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009