HOW OL D SOULD YOU PUT YOUR BABY IN A BED??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• depends on the baby. My first went in a toddler bed at 2 years cause she wouldnt stay in bed so I kept her in the crib longer so she wouldnt wander at night, my sencond child went in at 20 months or so, and my 3rd was in a big girl bed at 14 months. Depends on your child. If their climbing out of the crib then its defintley time, dont want them to get hurt :)
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• As close to three years old as possible, OR when they are able to climb out the crib.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Whenever you want to.

Ours were in a regular bed at 15 months. The longer in the crib, the harder it is to make the switch (in general).

Keep in mind there is a height limit on most cribs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I would say as soon as they can start climbing out of the crib...If them rolling off of their toddler bed is a concern then buy a rail. My son was 2 1/2 when I put him in his toddler bed and he did great. Something else to think about is potty training...If they're in a crib they can't get use to getting up on their own to use the potty.

Good luck!!
    jaysonswifey

Answer by jaysonswifey at 5:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• 18 months for my little girl, she has fallen out twice, and gets out sometimes and bangs on her door, but she will climb right into it for bedtime and cuddle up with her babies and a blanket. she also like to be able to get up and play with toys in the morning before she bothers to come out and greet us.
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 7:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2009