Stay at home and work

I want to stay at home with my child but I need to work. I was thinking of medical billing or transcription but have no idea where to start. Anyone have any suggestions?

yankeegirl380

Asked by yankeegirl380 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't do transcription - my sister went and took a course at the local community college and then found out that most of the physician's offices are going to doing everything on computer so they don't have notes that need to be transcribed. Not sure about billing - that might be going the same way.

Answer by missanc at 2:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I have a pretty good list of companies you should check out. Everything I post is free.

Free Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom to my 22 month old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, or inventory. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would be happy to give you more information and introduce you to the business!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• A Home business will bring you in the most income and give you great tax write offs as well. I have one with AMERIPLAN and you have complete control over when you work, you recieve great benefits and it is easy to do!!

No cold calling or selling involved :)

Listen to this prerecorded call that gives you tons of info, nothing to loose right ?? 616-712-1118 and then you can send me a message after you listen or call me at 770-728-9938.

You will love being able to stay home with your kiddo, I know I do and it is so less stressfull :)
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 5:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• m-avi

I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  I also have a list of companies that hire for work at home via the computer.  You can find all these listings at my website:

www.athome.yolasite.com

Or in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I went to school for transcription and didn't really like it. I also have a site with different ideas on it. tarasextraincome.blogspot.com
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Hello,

Search the groups for WAH Jobs .... there are lots of posts with good info.

If you decide a home business would be a good fit for you, please check out our SIMPLE home business at http://4yourfamily.org/teamwork

Best Wishes,

Beth

4yourfamily

Answer by 4yourfamily at 11:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009