How do you clean stains off your kitchen counter?

I'm renting and I'm not sure what kind of counter it is... a friend of mine called it formica, but I'm not sure. When ever something spills on it it stains and I can't get it out. I've used 409, pine sol, and generic kitchen cleaner w/ bleach and no luck!

msp12r

Asked by msp12r at 9:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• comet powder...
    my mom uses something thats called something like bartenders best friend....i know it has the words bartender in it...its a powder also and works great
    kelcee_eric_bry

Answer by kelcee_eric_bry at 2:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Greased lightning! Get it at any grocery store or walgreens. Works on EVERYTHING!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Some really good home remedies are sprinkle salt on the stain and scrub with vinegar. You can also try peroxide to see if it lifts the stain.  
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 11:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Comet is sure to do the trick...just use a little on a sponge and scrub in a circular motion...it works on rust stains in the tub too...good luck!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• SOFT SCRUB with bleach, I too have those cheapy counters forget about wine or Hawaiian Punch spilling I found the Softscrub to get it right out!
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Try the Mr. clean magic erasers!!
    ZetaMommy

Answer by ZetaMommy at 8:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2008