How do you cook green peppers ?

bella69147

Asked by bella69147 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• By themselves, I'd stir fry in a little olive oil. Or adding them to a stir fry is nice. If you have in mind a recipe, then stuffed peppers is very tasty. I cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, and place them in a sprayed casserole. Then mix up ground meat, onion, salt, pepper, maybe some rice, catsup, and spoon it in the pepper halves, then pour a can of tomato sauce over them. I cover and bake about an hour, then uncover and put parmesan or any kind of cheese over them and either let the heat from cooking melt it or slip it back in the oven for a few minutes.

Answer by Bmat at 2:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• As in BELL peppers

Answer by louise2 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• if you mean bell peppers, they're really good stuffed. u put cooked rice and meat plus seasonings in pepper and bake. last night i randomly threw bell peppers, onions, zucchini, yellow squash, a lil garlic powder, and some cayenne pepper in a pan and sauteed with melted butter. it was AWESOME, if i do say so myself! :-p
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• You can stuff them like Amanda said...I'd add a can of tomatoes sauce to the meat and pour more on top then bake. Or stuff pepper soup...kinda the same idea but the peppers are chopped rather then stuffed and cooked in a soup pot. I also use peppers in my eggplant parm or stirfry...
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I prefer the red bell peppers but they can all be made the same ways: Stuffed as mentioned above is my fave. I top with some breadcrumbs and parmasean before baking which adds a nice crust.

They are also good cooked in stir fry, fajitas or raw in salads, with hummus.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 2:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I do what Bmat said with the stuffed peppers except put them in a pot on burner and pout Tomato juice on them. All kinds of variations on stuffed peppers, but they are so good!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2009