How can I get my 15 month old boy to STAY asleep all night?

I thought it was easier to put him in bed with me to let him feed..no a good idea.He sleeps in his bed during naps. He has a set schedule and has had one from the beginning2 naps daily. 10am and 3pm. I want him to take 1 nap but he doesn't sleep long enough. Bed time 8pm.when he wakes up at night (we share RM)he cries at my bedside..I rock him and lay him/try in his toddler bed.He doesn't get milk at night only water.still have to swaddle him(don't want to but have tried not and doesn't workout)sleeps from 8:00-12am or longer sometimes then NIGHTMARE!he'll sleep for 2 hours at a time or 45 min. at a time.tried everything from white noise, crying it out(only 2x and he cried over 45 min) i couldn't do it any longer tried lullabies, tried a pacifier, stuffed animal blanky nothing has worked. just ordered Nighty Night as seen on Dr. Phil and many say it was a god send.I hope it works. Any advice is appreciated thanks
*Shannyne*

SJ52608

Asked by SJ52608 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My recommendation, and others may not agree, is to keephim from the afternoon nap. Take him out to the park or do something fun with him that will prevent him from falling asleep. Then he will be super tired when bed time rolls around. Thats what we did with my son, and it worked.
    shantastic84

Answer by shantastic84 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009