i still have breastmilk

i bf my son for about 10 months & he is now 17 months.. i can still express milk, its not alot just a few drops & i dont leak. its just when i squeeze. i had breast implants in april aswell....
i called my dr & the nurse kinda made me seem worried about it. she tried to set up an appt but i no longer have insurance, i was on pregnancy medicaid....were kinda strapped on money right now so a dr visit would be hard for us. i guess the nurse is going to call me back about it but im worried now. i didnt really think anything of it but figured i should call. i have talked to friends who have had breast milk for up to a yr & didnt even bf. is this normal or should i be super concerned?

.Kelly.

Asked by .Kelly. at 2:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (-15 Credits)
  • My baby is 21 months and i still "drip" every once and a while. Some women never stop. If i'm hot in the summer time, or take a hot shower I can squeeze it out sometimes. Doctor said it was no big deal.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my sisters youngest is 5 and she can still get milk out of her breast. It's normal..but if you are worried about your inplants I wouldn't no. I know people get sick when one bust, and they have alot of pain. I'm sure you're fine...dr's have pills to dry up your milk, maybe that's why she wanted you to make an apointment. HOMETOWN HEALTH HOTLINE 1-888-324-3243. You can call this hot line and ask questions for free. Hospitals won't give you advice or anything over the phone, but this place is ment for that. It has nurses there to talk to about you or your kid if hes sick and you don't know if you need to take him in or not. I call all the time about how much medicine I can give to my child( if it doesn't have an amount for thier weight).
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• they act worried because when you are leaking breasmilk it means your Prolactin levels may be too high when they shouldnt be and that means you may have something with your thyroid such as a tumor... I know this from experience because i got my prolactin levels tested for that very specific reason and thank god they came back normal. Also you can try Pure Peppermint Oil, DO NOT INGEST IT ask a Herbologist or botonist (someone who is certified with plants and such) I really hope this helps GL
    misscortez420

Answer by misscortez420 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It can easily take a year for breast milk to completely dry up.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2009