Alaska Airlines baggage question

Anyone flown on Alaska airlines recently since they've instituted their new baggage policy (paying per bag)? On their website it says that you can check a stroller and carseat free of charge at the gate. Okay, but what about the base? Am I going to have to check that as baggage and pay the $25 fee because it would be considered my 2nd bag? The only other option I can see is to connect the base to the carseat when we get to the gate but that would mean that I would have to lug the base around with me in the airport - it's to big to fit under the stroller! Lug the base around with me plus the baby plus the diaper bag! Agh!! If that's my only option, I will do it just so I don't have to pay the extra fee! lol

silvia316

Asked by silvia316 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• O.o I always checked her car seat at the ticket counter. I had her in a sling through the airport cause a stroller was too much of a hassle.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 5:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Also, if you insist on taking the stroller, you can take it WITHOUT the car seat. That makes more sense if you're not going to use the seat on the plane.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 5:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2009