Car seats

What kind of car seat do you use? I bought a Graco comfort sport when my daughter turned 1 but now She is only 5 pounds from the weight limit (40 lbs) and won't be 3 until the end of October. I know it will take her several months to gain that extra 5 pounds but she will still need to be in a 5 point harness for another couple years. As I am looking, most car seats have a limit of 40 lbs unless I go with a more expensive one. Are there any options for a convertible car seat that turns into a booster but is also a 5 point for a higher weight limit, other than Graco's Nautilus 3 in 1?

bugsmom06

Asked by bugsmom06 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• For my son which is 3 I use the Graco Nautilus. As for my daughter if there was a pink Graco Nautilus I would of got that for her but instead I got a Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite because it is pink and comfortable. I think most carseats turn into a high back booster but the only carseat that I have seen that turns into a regular booster also is the Graco Nautilus.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 3:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Um, there is a Pink Graco Nautilus- Its called Daisy. There is also a Miley, which is pretty, and a Mariposa. Those are all for girls. Apex65 is under $100 at Biglots or $89.99 at albeebaby.com It harnesses to 65lbs then boosters. But you have to have tall seats or an adjustable headrest to use it. If you have a small car then the Apex is not for you. Trufit is also a good seat as well, but is more expensive than the Nautilus. My DD is 5 and is in a Nautilus. She will be getting either a Britax Frontier or Regent soon though, they harness to 80lbs and are only around $229. Not bad for a Britax.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I am planning on buying the Graco Nautilus for my son here soon. He is 4 years old and 47lbs and extremely tall for his age.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Apex 65.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think the Graco Nautilus is your best option. It's much cheaper than comparable seats but really just as good as the Britax models. The lowest strap slot is the same height as the highest slot on the ComfortSport; we went from a CS to a Nautilus too. Why don't you want the Nautilus?
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:12 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Its not that I don't want a nautilus, I was just trying to see if there were other options. But it looks like the Nautilus is the best way to go for me!
    bugsmom06

Answer by bugsmom06 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• We have the Britax Frontier Harness booster, which will convert to a regular booster when my son is big enough. I love it. We had to upgrade also before my son would be big enough for a full booster because we wanted the Britax Frontier for the new baby, so we found this one and loved it. I believe the weight limit for the harness booster goes up to 65 lbs. and the regular booster goes up to 80 lbs. You'd have to check the web-site to be sure, but I'm thinking that's what I remember it being. It wasn't a cheap seat, but since it'll be the last I'll have to buy him and he can use it for years I think it's worth it.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 2:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Sorry, we wanted the Britax Marathon for the baby, I meant. And the Britax only converts into a highback booster as well, I saw someone else mention that, so I'm not sure if that's what you want or if you want one that will convert into just the bottom booster piece. I think it's a great seat though! :)
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 2:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have a Graco Nautilus for DS who is 3 1/2. He weighs 36 lbs and is over 42" tall. He absolutely loves it. It has been a great car seat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have the Graco Nautilus too. Its a great seat. We have been really happy with it. We will probably buy another for our daughter too when the baby is ready for the convertible seat.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 2:40 AM on Aug. 15, 2009