What one is better??

A Elliptical or a treadmill??? what one burns more calories in the same amount of time? i got a treadmill but i need to get a need one because its old. Dont know if i should buy another treadmill or get a elliptical.
Thanx

mammaboyz113

Asked by mammaboyz113 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I think they are both about even, just depends on how fast you go and how much resistance you add to it. Personally I love the elliptical but everyone is different.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think an elliptical is better. It's easier on your joints at least.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Which ever one you'll use the most is the best investment. Me, I'm more of a treadmill person. I like to option to walk, climb, jog, sprint, do speed intervals, hills etc etc...

The calories all depend on how much you put in it. If you're just lolly gagging along on the elliptical reading a magazine... well... that isn't the best workout. But if you turn up the resistance and go after it--- it's a great workout.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i like the elliptical cuz you can change the resistance, and go backwards too.
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 12:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i looove the elliptical!!!! treadmills are just sooo boring!! and ellipticals can for backwards..but whatever you get just make sure you get whatever you know youre gonna use more..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 15, 2009