Cancelled our plans...was I worng?

My friend lives about 3 hrs from me. I offered to meet her half way and take her 2 boys for the wkend cause we r going to a waterpark. She accepted the offer. Then I see on her facebook that she is kid free all week. She said she didnt know if they would be back they just went on a road trip with their grandpa. I have gotten txt msgs from her a few times this week but they are vague and say she hasnt heard from them yet. I sent her a msg last night inquiring if they were coming or if she could guess cause I was grocery shopping for our trip. She said she was at a concert and didnt answer me. I didnt want my dd to have to go and not take a friend so I let her invite the neighbor and we went ahead and bought our tickets. i sent her a msg telling her this and that I had to make plans considering I would have to be driving tomorrow night to pick up her kids. She has not responded AT ALL to this msg. Was I wrong?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I feel bad for cancelling our plans, but feel shewas rude by not communicating with me. She is going thru a divorce and had been running around alot putting her needs first. She is always wanting me to take her kids for a wkend and when I offer she was so falky it was messing up my plans...ugh!! I hope she is not mad, butI needed to figure out my schedule!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i dont think your wrong at all she was not answering u
    and she know wut you were gonna do and she lest the kids leave so it was not ur falt at all its hers for not thinking threw and not responding
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i dont think you were wrong.. its kind of sad for the kids but thats her own fault really because she has to communicate! with children, you have to plan EVERYTHING, or it can easily turn into a nightmare, so if she couldnt even give you an answer as to if they were going.. you made the right choice.. &That is pretty flaky if she didnt know when her kids would be back ..? But who knows, it kind of seems like she hadnt made up her mind or not, &wanted to leave every option open..
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yep, I'd have to agree with 19buggles91. I don't feel that you were rude... at all.
    She didn't communicate with you - and you just can't wait last minute to go grocery shopping for 2 extra kids, and you live so far from each other - even if you met halfway.
    It was rude and inconsiderate - least she could've done was kept you in the loop better instead of not answering because she was at a concert??? What if it were the kids - one of them was hurt... :/
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i dont think you were wrong
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• No you weren't wrong. If she wanted you to take the kids, she should have given you a definite answer instead of stringing you along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Not at all. If she can't answer you back, that is too bad for her and her kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009