Entertainment for an Active toddler

Please keep in mind I live with my Mother and have restrictions due to this.

My Toddler is very active and gets bored quite easily which leaves her to destructive behavior and making tons of messes. I have toys for her LOTS OF TOYS! but she just doesn't fancy them and unfortunately she is not to fond of toys that makes loud noise. She likes when I read to her but once the book finishes she will throw a tantrum and today is such a yucky day because it's Raining and I would love to have some kind of indoor activities for her like painting, coloring and I can't do such things because that leads to lots of messes and her Grandma is not an easy going person if you know what I mean HELP! lol

raynesmommy1

Asked by raynesmommy1 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Play groups they help to wear a kid out. Also try Sesame street .com there are games for young kids. Reading rabbitt also makes a computer game for 18 month-3 years old. My girls enjoyed it. Try taking all her toys and puting them into a bin or two. Leave 4 or 5 out, Then weekly or monthly or what ever rotate the toys that are in the bin, then they will be like new to her and she might play iwth them longer. Also go to the craft store and see about clay projects, and thread projects. Also playdough, there are great playdough "fatories" now and all colors. That is quite and creative. If she likes reading she may also like the leap frog baby reading system. It is real easy for a little to "read" a book and make siliiy sounds, and it has a volume control so she can set it to her comfort level. Get a plasitc drop cloth and put that down to make clean up easy and protect Grandma's stuff. Good Luck
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• There's not too many fun things to do that doesn't make a mess, thats the best part!
    Aplatel87

Answer by Aplatel87 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Tell me about it. I don't mind cleaning up after her just knowing she is having a good time and is not touching or destroying things is worth it but I live in my Mother's apartment and I am so limited to everything and I mean everything because if she sees the slightest mess and though she knows I will clean it she'll yet at me and throw a fit and it will last for the whole day. So it's so hard.
    raynesmommy1

Answer by raynesmommy1 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009