How exactly does Gerberlife insurance help in the long run?

Example: The grow up plan?

Anyone have this or had it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Dont have it but I get a offer in the mail EVERY month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• They key benefit is that when the child turns 18 the plan stays. The nice thing about it in general, is if something does happen, you have some money to pay funeral costs.

I've heard the argument that life insurance is just supposed to cover the lost wages for the year the person dies. But those wages are typcially needed to run the day to day affairs until the spouse, family, etc. grieves and adjusts. In the mean time, you still need money for possible medical bills that ins may not cover and the funeral costs in general. I think it's very worthwhile to have a small plan on your kids so it's one less thing to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• The truth is Gerber life insurance is terrible insurance in the long run and now. It is too expensive and only gets more expensive each year the child gets older. I know I had it. I am a professional in this field so take my advice seriously-BUY TERM life insurance and INVEST the difference. I will explain more and show you how. Email me jalt617@yahoo.com
    MoneySaverMoms

Answer by MoneySaverMoms at 1:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The woman's answer above me is not accurate. Gerber is VERY cheap, and remains the same price til 18. I believe she's trying to sell HER plan by making false statements about another plan.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009