Am I wrong for being pissed off?

My So's sons mom told us things to get for him for his b-day and turned around and bought them for him reguardless. A poster said "well of course shes going to get him more, thats her son."..... Okay but, my train of thought is, this is my So's son as well and she shouldnt get alllllll the big presents that his son wants.... she tries to take all of the glory out of it. Now my SO doesnt want to go to his sons party

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• you know what? give him 100$ dollars in one dollar bills will see if hes gonna want her toys over that,buy him a wallet to go it. ive done that and every kid loves that imagine 100 one dollar bills he's gonna feel like a rich man.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• He has to go to the birthday. It's for his child. The son will be hurt if his father doesn't go. Your SO needs to grow up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• That's dumb that he doesn't want to go to his son's party because of that. Why doesn't the dad ask the son what he wants? If the problem is that she goes out and buys it, then buy him something else. I'm sure that there's something else he could get him. He's the father and should know what he likes. I buy my son alot for his bday too. Tell him to suck it up
    Anonymous

• That is rude that she gave him presents that she told you to get. So you know he will be getting duplicates? is that correct? I would give him $50 or however much the gifts were and take him shopping fr his own gifts when he is with you. Take the other gifts back and next year dont consult with his mom..just buy him whatever.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• IS THIS YOU CHILD -----NO STAY OUT OF IT, AND WHAT KINDA GUY DOESN'T WANT TO GO TO HIS OWN KIDS PARTY REGARDLESS.???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• sounds like you so is being a big baby. tell him to man up and party.
    Anonymous

• I think there are bigger issues here that probably makes the OP's SO not want to attend the party. Like maybe the mom does this often, tries to make the dad look bad. or win her son over by buying him presents that his dad won't. Talk to your SO about the fact that the party is for his son and his son will probably be more hurt if he didn't attend then the fact that his mom got all the "good" presents. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I hate it when people think stepparents need to stay out of issues regarding their stepchildren. When 2 people get married, they are taking each others children as their own. Do people really tell each other "I want to marry you, but I'll have nothing to do with your child because he isn't mine?"
    If OP cares enough about this boy that this upsets her, I think her stepson is lucky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think that your SO not wanting to go to HIS SONS party is just being childish!! With this age group is what I start giving money. Why doesnt your husband think of something himself to give to his son instead of having his ex telling him what to give his own son. I
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• op here - anon 3:12 hit it head on!

and anon who told me to stay out of it, no I dont think I will. I have been in this childs life for more then 75 percent of it, and I am in his fathers, its a package deal.... just like father and son are
    Anonymous