In my third trimester- need to start exercising

What are some good exercises to do? I'm so confused, i've gotten books and stuff but i just get confused on the diagrams on how to do the exercises... but i really need some muscle tone, i've turned into jello

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Swimming is my best recommendation. I'm 8 months and it is the ONLY time I feel any relief from this misery. I feel lightweight and small and flexible, and oh so good. Not only does it get your heart rate up, but it's great for your back and will tone all of your muscles. Other than that, I'm not sure. even walking is difficult for me and hurts my back. I'm gonna look back at the answers on this because I need some ideas too!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• you can do some light cardio and some weights. light. walking too
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• really you should ask your doctor before doing any exercising that late into the pregnancy it's really easy to tear ligaments and such ask your doctor what some good exercises are and they will tell you if you can or cant do it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yeah walking is the safest exercise but my feet HURT so very bad. swimming sounds awesome,i just don't have access to a place to do it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009