Poop in the tub??

My almost 15 month old daughter has pooped in the bathtub now twice in a week. She's never done it before, though, and I'm wondering if there's something we can do to stop it?

ALSO, how do you clean the tub after this? We rinse what we can down the drain (gross, i know) then wipe up the rest, then soak the tub in hot bleach water for about 30 min, then rinse well.

Are there any OTHER ways to clean it?

christaberk

Asked by christaberk at 3:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my kids have done that, I've used bleach
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I just scrub it down with my bathroom cleaner.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• bleach is the best way very strong smell so keep kids n ur self outta there witch is hard sum times!!!!my son has a few times he jus cant say i gotta pooh so can we wait till i do it then bathe lol
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• White vinegar will work wonders on any bacteria and is not a harsh chemical like bleach. Just mix half vinegar and half water in a spray bottle and spray sit for 5 minutes and rinse.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My dd did that one time, but she was 3 and her sister was in the tub with her! I've never heard my 7 year old freak out quite so bad... I cleaned it exactly how you did and all was fine. Maybe if you don't want to soak it in bleach water you could spray it down with Clorox Clean-up and wipe.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 3:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My son's pediatrician said that its very normal. Expecially when they haven't gone in a while, the warm water warms up all the right places to help them go. My almost 2yr old has done is a few times and we always get the pieces out, then use soft scrub, leave for 5-10mins then rinse.
    mrsb0722

Answer by mrsb0722 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my son has done this about 5 times in his little life of 21 months. I think it just happens to be a timing thing since bath time is after dinner. I do the same as you with clean up - although I agree about the vinegar as I used that on the rest of the surfaces!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Thank you, ladies! I really appreciate the feedback! I will def. have to mix some vinegar with water, too!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 4:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• when my daughter is badly constipated we put her in a warm bath to relax her so that she can go. Maybe tyour little one is sooo relaxed. they cant help it. :) can you bathe her at a different time of the day? That may be her body's new 'potty time' and with the warm water...it just slips out. oh the things kids do! lol
    when it has happened here i scrub it out with comet or baking soda with vinegar
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009