did anyone else watch truth be told .. on TLC.. i am a hoarder?

all i can say is i did and ..WOW!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• YES! that is SOOOO My dad....i need to call them up...he beats all of them hands down...his house is like a habitrail for hamsters and mice...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• no but i wanted to. I dont see how peope can live like that
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Yes, and it;s disgusting. I'm the opposite. I get rid of everything. I like my house neat, clean, and open. Physical clutter clutters my mind.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I saw half of it but I've seen many shows like that in the past. It's just nasty. I love the show Clean House.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I did see it My husband would never admit it, but he's a hoarder....I'm not. Our house is clean & organized, the garage has been another story. Most of our marriage I haven't been able to park a car in the garage....even when we had a 3 car garage. We moved last summer, & he had to leave 2 months ahead of my sons and I for his new job, while we were selling our house and packing it up. I had to go through his garage for the first time.....it was a nightmare, 30 years of newspapers, magazines, papers from trade shows, parts from cars he used to own, parts for cars he hoped to own. Broken appliances from 15 years ago that he always thought he would fix.....on & on. It was probably a good thing that he had to leave, we've been married 21 years, & this is the closest I've ever come to leaving my husband, when I saw what was taking up all of that space. Our teenage sons helped me clean it out. I park a car in our new garage
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Answered at 12:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 by: StefanieN84
    Yes, and it;s disgusting. I'm the opposite. I get rid of everything. I like my house neat, clean, and open. Physical clutter clutters my mind.

me too! if it doesnt have a place, it gets chucked. I just hate any kind of mess. My hubby thinks im to obsessive about it. lol.

I know many of the people its pychological though. Those I feel bad for. but Ill never understand how they can live like that, tripping over things
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• My mother is a hoarder and I just don't know how to help her :-( I had planned on having a garage sale myself and offered to go through one of the rooms she has packed full of S**% from when my 9 yr old was a baby and she always says oh no don't worry about it...I don't have time...I can't do that right now I've got others things going on....HELP!!!!!

Does anyone have suggestions? Her house is soooo crammed full of crap. She always says stuff like... what if I lose my job?Then I can sell it on Ebay...Why not sell it now and hang onto the money? I mean the woman has at least 15 frying pans...I haven't been able to walk down her hallway in 10+ years and I have thrown stuff out when she goes out of town...I just tell her I reorganized and she fills in the spots within a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I HATE clutter. I'm with Stefanie on this one. If I haven't used it in 6 months (except of course for seasonal type things) . .. it goes in the garbage. Dh, on the other hand, tries to hang on to EVERYTHING. I have to throw stuff out on the sly. Nothing important, but he likes to keep THE MOST trivial items.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009