Is this woman right or wrong?

This lady has been married to this guy for 16 yrs and they have no children together and she has two from a previous relationship. He has been taking care of the family including getting a second job since his pays child support to off set the income. His wife wasn't getting any money until recently from the kids father and he found out and was upset about it. So he quit the second job thinking she would use the money to help out with the household. She told him no that the money was for her and her two kids. so he said ok since this is how you want to do it then lets split the bills you pay you part and I pay my part. She say he is being selfish. He she wrong or right? How do you feel about this question?

grandmasix

Asked by grandmasix at 3:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• The money is indeed for the children (not her) but it's for their care which includes food, rent, electricity, gas to go places, clothes, etc. I would have offered to pay a portion of the bills and put the rest up for the kids clothes and school items and anything they would need during the year so as to not dip from the household pool of money. It's all a compromise. I'm sure dh was hurt by her wanting to keep it all especially if he went out to work a second job.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• shes wrong...what if he said his money was only for the two of them and not the kids from the previous marriage...sheesh...it pains me to say but the man is right in this situation
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• That is in every way wrong.she should have told him and they way she came across is that it's not a marriage but what she can get out of it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• shes wrong.. isnt paying bills helpin her and the kids? what a shelfish butthead
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• She's wrong. It is paying for her and her kids, but they are responsible for those bills are they not?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• She is wrong. He shouldn't have to work two jobs to support her. If I was him I would split bills down the middle she can get a job and get off her lazy ass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• the man is right, she is wrong. If she wanted him to go by her thinking, then the money he made would be for him only and not her and her kids. What does she think child support is for? It's to help pay the bills that pile up when supporting children!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• He shouldn't be working two jobs but the child support is just that - child support. And IMO that doesn't include gas, electricity, water. The adults use those things too so I don't think those count as something that needs to by paid by child support payments. That money needs to go toward their clothes, school and any medical they might need. Sounds like two very immautre adults.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• It sounds like she wants to use the money on things that they dont need, otherwise she would be willing to use the money towards food and shelter, like the children need. It is wrong of her to expect her husband to work extra when she has money available to help out with.
    Chickpeas

Answer by Chickpeas at 5:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Not only is she wrong but she's selfish...she was willing to allow him to work 2 jobs while she enjoyed life but when she received extra income she wants to do what she wants to do with the money? That's selfish...I would've called her on it too and let her pay her way too!! Good for him
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009