would you be mad

ok so i am 38 weeks as of today....i had a c-ection scheduled for tomorrow..well i went to the doc today and he siad everything looked fine...wel when i gt hom i had a message to call my docs office....i did and sid aftr reviewin the ulraounds(he had the folder infront of him and everything couldve looked there) he si the babies lungs wernt developed....so after i had my hubby request his vacaton for this weekend....had a sitter lined up for my son...he tells me this......this has been scheduled for months and now he tells me...doesnt just piss me off, but pisses off a lot more people....im mad.....would you be

Mamaof2boys0709

Asked by Mamaof2boys0709 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I'd definitely be annoyed.
    He was probably keeping an eye on the baby's lungs - since you stated it has been scheduled for months now, and hoping it'd develop. It's a shame he didn't tell you as an FYI - but he maybe didn't want you to worry either?? :[
    It is kind of stupid that he waited until, literally, the very last minute...
    I'm sorry this happened. :[!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I would just be glad that he took another look at the ultrasound. I would rather have to change my plans than to have a baby delivered before he could have a chance at life outside of the womb. How would you react if he didn't look at it again and you had a child that had underdeveloped lungs that needed to be put on a respirator, in an incubator and had to stay in the nICU for months when just a few more weeks he would be far enough along to be on his own? You would probably file a lawsuit.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• id be a little annoyed...but your baby needs more time...atleast he called BEFORE the c-section and BEFORE the birth...could have been worse...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my problem is that since 28 weeks ive been having an ulrasound sound done onc a week.....and today, he was weighing in at 8.5 pounds....and i mean im 38 weeks,,,,,one week ago he induced my friend at 37 weeks....and nothig was wrong with her...no need to induceshe just didnt wanna be preggo any more and he said ok well induce....so im lil mad.....im glad hes doing it for the babys ske, bu famliy took vacation time at work....famlly from outta state came up and and now they al have to go back because they were only granted so much time off work....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• u cant get mad over that.. shit fuckin happens u can be annoyed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• im not mad he wants me to wait a week.....im mad because i wanted to do an amnio ad he didnt want todo one.....10 ultasounds and now he notices it.....he said tell json(huby) to go ahead and put in for his vacation....so hubby did, and now he had to try and get it for a week later....thats wha makes me mad....im glad e wans my baby to be healthy, and do t....i just feel bad for my family and his who took time off work for this.....it pisses you off.....i meani guess i thought havin a planned c-section was a good thing....next time im just gonna let the chips fall where they may....i cant hae a vaginal birth and i just tought planned meant planned
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i would be mad because he didnt respect your wishes (about the amnio) and because you had so many ultrasounds. so yea i think you have a right to be annoyed but try to look on the bright side, now you know your baby will be healthier when s/he does come. i would definitly get a new doc next time cause he obviously does not pay enough attention
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I have never heard of determining lung development based on an u/s... that sounds weird to me!! It doesnt matter how many u/s you have had becuase of course the lungs wouldnt have been developed 10 u/s ago... the only one that matters is the most recent one.

I understand that you cant have a vaginal birth (although I dont know why) but that has NOTHING to do with taking your baby before its lungs are developed! You are lucky that he caught it and that he was able to call his error in missing it.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i went in a did the test to see if his lungs were ready and right after I went into labor and had to go get it stopped and that was at 37 weeks on a tuesday. his lungs were not ready. That friday i went into laber and had my son and he was blue had the cord wraped two times was 9lbs 7 oz. He was not ready to come out his lungs were dont fully developed but im sure glad that i had him with his cord . Godd luck. It wasnt his time to be born.
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 9:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2009