So much bad posted, but have you seen this?

Obama awards Medal of Freedom to 16

He does some really great things, too. Still happy I voted for him.

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm proud Obama is president of the US. He can't make everyone happy. I think he is working hard to forfill the promises he made during his campaign. I'm still glad I voted for him.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 5:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I dont deny that he does good things too... however, in my opinion his bad ideas and actions have outweighed the good.. I'm glad to see some good posts for a change.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• He gave a Medal of Freedom to Billy Jean King. What has she done for society as a whole? I remember her "match of the sexes" tennis match. But, society as a whole? The Medal of Freedom? I think he took the medal from being something you had to do which was extra-ordinary to just people being themselves. She wasn't out to help society. She made a crap load of money from the staged, prearranged event.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Maybe this will help you a bit more. I'm sick of all the negative posts, and was just trying to share some of the good.

http://www.365gay.com/news/harvey-milk-billie-jean-king-given-presidential-medal-of-freedom/

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Nice of him
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I just keep wondering why some were given the medal of FREEDOM. But, of course you can't expect an administration that uses the Constitution for a doormat to understand all that.....
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Obama Botches Billy Jean King’s Medal of Freedom Award

Before presenting tennis legend Billie Jean King with the Medal of Freedom Wednesday, President Obama ticked off some ... of her accomplishments: 12 Grand Slam titles, 101 doubles titles, 67 singles titles. “Pretty good, Billie Jean,” he quipped. But he didn’t get any of it right, according to King herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Thank you for posting this. I'm sorry they can't keep their negativity out of ONE damn post.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 8:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I thoroughly agree with SRiveroC. The awards are something to celebrate , not criticise and we need more uplifting comment instead of all the government bashing that goes on here. The US is lucky to have a democratically electected government - billions of the world's population do not..
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2009