Would you trust a dollar store test?

I really don't think i'm pregnant, i just had a baby a few months ago, exclusively BF.... and really haven't been having sex (poor me).

But my skin is itchy like with my pregnancy, I get super tired, and some other symptoms....

I took $ store test, came back negative.

Would you trust it? Should I go get another brand?

charisma10

Asked by charisma10 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, i do trust them.Every test i have taken from the dollar store have been accurate.

KzaM4Infinity

Answer by KzaM4Infinity at 3:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Is your hair falling out? Do you forget things alot and feel like you are walking around in a daze?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yup i trust them fine, any test works really.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I took an expensive test first, it showed up negative. Two days later, I took a dollar store test, and it was negative. Two days after that I took another dollar store test and the positive line was really, really light pink. The next day I took a $15 dollar test and it was dark pink, lol. So...I think th dollar store tests are fairly accurate. Sometimes you have to wait a while for the hormone to show up, and it increases drastically every couple of days in early pregnancy. Try another one in a couple of days.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Anon 58 here. I do trust the tests.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i took 2 dollar store tests a month ago, they came back looking positive..the 2nd line was there but very very light. I am on my period now so....i would say screw them things! lol first response is the best, thats what i took with my son. =]
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 4:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Dollar store tests are what I always use and are always accurate. It detects the same chemicals and is the same except for the price. ;)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 4:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yeah, i feel like all it is is peeing on a stick.... they should all be the same. maybe i'm just in a funk.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• when my husband and i were trying i bought a bunch of dollar store tests and they worked for me!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Some tests just require your HCG levels to be higher then others. The more expensive ones normally require less hormone, while the cheaper ones require more. Thats the main difference. But if you take one after your missed period, it should definitely tell you if you are pregnant or not.
    Chickpeas

Answer by Chickpeas at 5:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2009