What is good to take that will entertain my four year old daughter while camping?

Of course we will be busy doing things but I know there will be times where we will want to just sit around, and you mother's know, that doesn't fly with four year olds.

Thanks Ladies!

ao112485

Asked by ao112485 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Marshmallows...you can build all sorts of things with them and eat them as well. when I was growing up, there were trees, sticks, rocks, mud, bugs, animals to keep us entertained...no fancy games.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• bird book for kids and binoculars...my kids will sit and look @ stuff for a while...long enough for the adults to relax a bit
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• my son is 4 and loves playdough (its cheap so it doesnt matter if it gets ruined) books, that Memory matching game, chutes and ladders, candyland, etc. These are all cheap (under $10) so if they get ruined on the trip it wont be such a financial burden
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• A bug collector, my kids loved having a container that they could collect bugs or rocks or leaves or whatever appeals to them. Maybe some colouring stuff, and my boys loved to hop on their bikes and ride up and down the little road by our campsite. I know it's still a road, but I think that most campers are aware that kids ride their bikes there and drive more slowly and carefully.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• LOL another 4 year old? Sorry, I know kids are hard to keep entertained in a setting like that. I took my boys to the river when they were 4 & 6 - gave them both a "paning pan' and screen and let them "pan for treasure on the river" while we did out thing I can't tell you HOW many old can tabs we came home with. But I took those can tabs and glued them around a picture frame with a pic of them "mining for treasure" - they and I still love that picture. It looks weird and out of place on the mantel - but I don't care.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• A butterfly net and bug collector. Water paints and scenery?
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 6:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2009