Everyone is talking about the Swine Flu coming back and hitting worse. What do you think?

With all the government hustle and bustle, I am becoming concerned. The whole world is more serious about this then we are (on the surface). I think that maybe our government is covering up how serious this is.

Please don't flame others, this is asking your opinion. (LOL even if you feel I am stupid.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My mother is a respiratory therapist and she works in different hospitals. She keeps telling me that this is very serious! She is preaching about it to EVERYONE! You can actually go on the Disease Control website and it will give you all the 411 on Swine Flu.
    ao112485

Answer by ao112485 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well... I'm not sure on this one. They didn't have a vaccine against it when it first came out - and it was a form of the flu.. and it's always evolving.
    I believe it will come back, sure, just like the flu does.. but how serious it is just all depends on how people make it, I suppose..
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• The regular flu is predicted to kill more people then swine flu. I am not concerned and will not be getting vaccinated for swine flu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I think it is a possibility! It has not gone away! When school starts it may be worse! Thank God there is a flu shot, or shots to protect the kids from that strand! My daughter is getting three this year! Poor thing she hates needles!! Better to be safe than sorry! It is scary to me!
    alyjax03

Answer by alyjax03 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• it is just the flu after all...when you notice symptoms, go to the doctor and get a shot. As for Jesus healing...God gave us the ability to learn so that's where doctors come in, so in essence, Jesus heals thru the hands of others
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I don't think they're covering up anything, I think the media is making it out to be a lot worse than it is.

In Switzerland, they're not letting ANY pregnant women/children get the vaccine. Here, they put us at the top of the list. It has to make you question why? The Swiss are far more advanced, I think I'll go with their opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• They are taking it very seriously here at our hospitals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• 30k+ people die each year from the regular flu.. Keep up with your vitamins, wash your hands and live on with life. K?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I agree with Bexi. No reason to panic. It's just as likely to mutate into something harmless.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Whether you want to believe it or not, that is up to you..
    I work in an ICU that had three swine flu deaths. This is much different and more dangerous than the regular flu. Hospitals are not prepared for a hugh outbreak. We do not have enough respirators. If it hits hard, we are in trouble. Medical staff will be getting the vaccine when available.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 5:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009