I never want to go through that again...Has anyone else been like this?

So I have had two miscarriages in the last two years. The last one being in February. I never suspected anything was wrong. I had weird pains that I never felt while I was pregnant with my daughter. I never even had signs this last time that the baby had died other than not getting sick anymore and sharp pains in my abdomen occasionally which I just wrote off as it was my uterus stretching.

Well, I just found out on Monday I'm pregnant again!!! I want to be excited but I can't seem to be. I feel like something is wrong. I still have signs of being pregnant, nausea, heart burn, fatigue, dizziness, and sore breasts. I had cramping that felt like menstrual cramps which made me think my period was right around the corner, but it never came. I haven't had any pains except that. Is it just in my head and I'm just scared to think everything is fine?

My dr. appt. is The 25th and they are going to do an ultrasound.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you're just very scared to think that everything is fine - and probably your whole pregnancy you'll be a nervous wreck until the sweet baby will be born. *hugs*
    I hope everything goes well, and this little one sticks.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• i got that way with my last 2 kids. Except I never had any symptoms of preg, no nausea nothing so of course when people would say 'nausea is actaully a GOOD sign that all is going well' i would freak out cause I had none. I think most moms get that way. Its natural to worry. I always thought something was wrong especially with my last one but nothing was
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• When you have a miscarriage it is very hard to be excited or feel secure when you become pregnant again. For me what helped was taking it daily...trying not to fret over anything and trying to stay positive. Doing all I could do on my part to ensure the safety of my baby. I made sure to take my medication, and listen to my body...if I was tired I rested...if I was hungry or light headed I ate...and so on. My first was a MC, my second was a risky pregnancy...on and off bed rest....and bleeding...healthy baby boy, and now I am pregnant again and I get hesitant at times too about getting all excited...but I take it one step at a time. Know that God does not give us more than we can handle, and that He never leaves us!!! Good Luck!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I had 4 miscarriages before my first son, 4 more after, then an ectopic pregnancy. When I finally became pregnant with my 2nd son, the doctor had a terrible time even convincing me I was pregnant I was so scared. Even when he did the first ultrasound. I now have 3 grown sons, and I can tell you that I felt totally different with every single pregnancy. So, different symptoms is totally normal. I understand your fear more than I can tell you. Just do your best to relax,(wish I could think of something better to say) and take care of yourself. don't worry about what is normal..... every woman, and every pregnancy is different. My heart is with you, and positive thoughts for a healthy pregnancy.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I am in that boat now. My period was due on Monday and I got a positive yesterday. I am trying to be happy but so nervous at the same time. I had my first and only child back in 2005 without any issues. Since then I m/c in Sept of last year at 7 weeks and then had a chemical pregnancy this past April. I will be 5 weeks on sunday and my first doc appt isn't until September 3..my m.c last year was September 5th. Right now I only have sore boobs and a stuffed up nose/head with headaches.

Trying to relax and not trying to lift anything heavy. That is my main focus...i hope it works
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Thank you ladies! I too think that it is just me being scared to be excited but just wanted to know if anyone has ever felt this way besides me! I take my prenatal vitamins everyday about the same time. I have been eating fruit instead of candy which has been actually very satisfying surprisingly enough!!! (Especially cantelope) and it seems like my body is taking over and making sure I don't eat large portions..its actually like if I eat another bite I'm gonna be sick lol..my nausea is more like good lord I'm starving..even if I've already eaten. When I'm tired I take a nap and just listening to my body like you ladies told me too!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• what were the sharp pains like.. were they really intense or not too bad? the reason i ask is im terrified ill miscarry and the other day my nausea stopped completly and my boobs dont hurt anymore and i had sharp pains but they didnt really hurt that bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• Well they didn't hurt that bad but it was still like an all of the sudden pain that might last for a couple of seconds to 30 seconds. It was like a gas pain that was a more intense I guess...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• yea that sounds familiar, guess i need to call the doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear that. Please let us know what the dr says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2009